Wednesday, July 20, 2011

What to Expect about a baby born at 37 weeks 4 days but measuring smaller?

My dr said that he was going to induce me next thursday (37weeks 4 days) but as of right now the baby is showing that she weighs 4 pounds but the ultrasound tech at the hospital said that her head was really low iin my pelvis and they couldn't get a good measurement of her head so they don't really know if she weighs more then 4 pounds or not and she is also measuring 33 weeks instead of 36 weeks 5 days. I was also wondering if she would maybe have to stay in the NI CU if she did weigh less then 5 pounds. ultrasound tech said she was doing her practice breathing and moving really good. besides me going into preterm labor twice there hasn't been anything wrong with her, she has always been active since ive FIRST felt her move. but with this pregnancy as with my first the further along i am the more it seems that the more they get behind in some measurement. my first started to have inter uterine growth restriction at about 16 weeks and she started showing that she was 2 weeks behind gestational age then it was 3 then it was a month. so far this baby has show to be 2 weeks behind and now she is showing 3 weeks behind. I also got pregnant with this one when i was on birth control which i didn't miss a day of it. but she is now starting to follow the same footsteps as her sister. I also had my first baby at 35 weeks 3 days and so far i have went a week past that but im really nervous about having this baby in the Nicu too. I spent 3 weeks in the NICU with baby number 1 because i lived almost 2 hours away and i couldn't think about if i left it would take me 2 hours to get back to that hospital if there was any kind of emergency.

No comments:

Post a Comment