Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Have you had a friend who talks about themselves for most of the conversation every single time?

OMG YES!! everyone does this to me. whenever i catch up with a friend they just talk about them, like the whole time. they talk about their jobs, their relationships/sex lives, their family, their feelings etc. thats totally fine, i mean i love listening to people, but when i try talk about me for w little while, it's like they cant handle it, and HAVE to start talking about them again. its frustrating and yes draining is like the pefect word. its happened to me since i was a kid, my best friend did it, and even my teachers! my teacher would just walk over to me and be like "my son is moving out, i have bills to pay, and im stressed" and then im in at lunchtime having to talk to her about it more. same thing happened to my mother, and it used to drive her insane too. theres not much you can do to avoid these people, except perhaps watch out for the early signs when you get to know them. how often they mention themselves etc.

No comments:

Post a Comment