Thursday, July 14, 2011

Direct TV stole my money! Who can I contact?

We were late on Direct TV and they decided to take money out of every account we ever used without our authorization, and bounced 2 checks in the process. I put in a dispute with the bank, and they credited the account back temporarily. Then I called Direct TV, they confirmed the charges were reversed, and I paid the account in full, including the money they took out without our permission. Then a week later they charged the same account again, which again resulted in an overdraft fee and another charge. I DIDN'T OWE THEM ANY MONEY! Now they refuse to credit my account back the $35 until I show them my bank statements (which means give them my account numbers so they can take money again?). One lady (a supposed supervisor) told me we have a balance due next week, so they can take it if they want to! Anyone know of who I could contact for this (government agency, etc.)? I already tried the bank and they pretty much told me since we have an active account and it isn't free, they can take as much money as they want. Something really isn't right here. I already know the BBB, but their rating is already a D with thousands of unresolved complaints. Any other ideas? By the way, it is not the $35 I am fighting about. It is about the $160+ in fees I had as a result of what they did.

No comments:

Post a Comment