Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Will he ever be able to forgive me?

My husband and I have been living together for 9 years, 2 years ago I found out I was pregnant. It was unexpected but we were happy. We got married last year and had our son. Our son has brought so much joy in our lives everyday. We decided that I should stay home to take care of him. I left a job that I had for 11 years. But I was hiding a secret, I had $9,000 in credit card debt. I had been hiding this from him for 5 years. My husband became suspicious when he found a statement from one card with a balance for $3,000, I lied to him and said it was paid off. I told him I had no debt when he asked. When I left my job to stay home my plan was to cash out a rbap bonus account I had accumilated to pay off the debt. I didn’t realize I would not be able to do this for a year after I left the company. I struggled to pay the minimum balance each month not having a income of my own. But it was too late to tell my husband as I had already lied about it for so long. About 7 years ago he helped me pay off another debt. I just couldn’t tell him I had racked up another debt. He would never forgive me and never trust me again. It has almost been a year since I left my job and I would be able to cash out my account to pay off my debt for once and for all. Yesterday he found a statement I had hidden with the $9,000 balance and I came clean. He was furious and with good reason. He works very hard to provide for our family and is a great husband and father. We live a very comfortable life and he gives me money whenever I need it. He has saved over $30,000 for our future. He wants to use some of that money to pay off my debt. I don’t know if he will ever be able to forgive me, I don’t think he will ever trust me again. I don’t know what I should do. Will he ever be able to forgive me?

No comments:

Post a Comment